What bike storage rack will suit your facility? Every cyclist is fussy about what bike rack is best for their bike and every property has its own unique space available for bike parking. So, what are the real differences between bike racks apart from the actual look or style?
- Simple and architectural.
- Secures 1 or 2 bikes.
- Versatile positioning.
- Supports bike frame to meet AS2890.3 security.
Micro Bike Rack –
- Single low profile wheel hitch.
- Doesn’t support the bike frame.
- For short term bike parking in small spaces e.g. cafes.
Coat Hanger Bike Racks –
- Compact multi - bike storage.
- Accessible from one side or both sides.
- Handlebar clearance is achieved by alternating the direction that the bikes face.
- Overhead support bars gently secure the frame to meet AS2890.3 security.
Compact P4 Bike Rack –
- Compact multi - bike storage.
- Can be set up for one sided, double sided, straight or angled parking.
- Provides excellent bike frame support for Class 2 or 3 security as per AS2890.3.
Multi Bike Station –
- Low security multi - bike parking.
- Hitches the wheel only.
- Popular for short term bike parking e.g. at shops or for school bike racks.
- Easy to clean around.
5 Bike Rack –
- Most supportive of the wheel hitching bike racks.
- Firmly holds the wheel with the base rail.
- Can be positioned free standing or attached against a wall.
- Cyclist’s own lock can secure the bike frame and wheel.
Low Profile Bike Racks –
- Popular school bike rack.
- Quick and easy low security bike rack - secures wheel only.
- Can be bolted to floor or wall.
- Single or double sided scooter parking.
- For bolting down onto hard surfaces.
- Provides tidy scooter rack parking at schools and shopping centres.
- Multiple scooters can be individually locked to the rack if required.
Floor Mounted Hanging Bike Rack –
- Stand-alone vertical bike rack.
- Stores 2 bikes on rubber coated hooks, by the wheel rim.
- Can be positioned back to back, free-standing or against a wall.
- Mainly for bike cages or bike store rooms where little wall space is available for wall mount bike racks (e.g. against mesh cage walls).
- Also utilises the open floor space of bike compounds to maximise bike storage capacity within the space.
Wall Mounted Hanging Bike Rack –
- Supports 2 bikes vertically from the wheel rim.
- Rubber coated support hooks prevent scratching.
- Popular for basement car parks, bike storage rooms and other ‘end-of-trip facilities’.
Single Wall Mounted Bike Rack –
- Individual bike wall hanger.
- Mount in straight or staggered layouts to suit the ceiling height or bike storage capacity required.
- Stores one bike vertically by the wheel rim.
- Supports the bike frame to meet Class 2 or 3 security level as per AS2890.3.
Buffalo Bike Rack –
- This wall mounted bike rack supports 1 or 2 bikes horizontally and parallel to the wall by the top bike frame (or an adaptor bar for shaped bike frames).
- Designed to utilise the ‘dead’ space above car bonnets.
- The bike rack of choice for many apartment car parks and multi-unit residential complexes.
- Durable foam padding protects the bike from scratching.
- Meets Class 2 or 3 security level for AS2890.3.